[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Quench, Coherence etc.

----------
From:  Malcolm Watts [SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent:  Tuesday, August 11, 1998 10:54 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Quench, Coherence etc.

Hi John,

For attached sparks where all quenches are basically equal I think
gap loss is the only factor that differs. A more definitve test is
order. At least it seems to be a good idea not to have too many gaps.
    At least one useful thing is coming out of this. If a small to
medium sized system is required as a finished article, I now have the
capability of formulating the best gap once the coil is built and
then simply building a finished gap to spec.  More this weekend.

Regards,
Malcolm