[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Quench, Coherence etc.

----------
From:  Richard Hull [SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent:  Tuesday, August 11, 1998 11:33 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Quench, Coherence etc.

> Even with 8 rotating gaps in series, Electrum usually quenches on
> the 2nd notch, and 1st for gnd strikes.  Could the arc dynamics
> possibly prefer a beating secondary?
> --
>
> -GL
> www.lod-dot-org

Always greg, always!Greg is seeing through the eyes of experience here in
his thoughful query.

All my best stuff took longer to quench than the first notch.  I am certain
arc dynamics drive the system and the system that aids and abets optimized
gaseous conduction at a particluar moment in a particular location at a
particular power level, etc, etc,...will succeed regardless of quench,
number of gaps, and such  etc,etc.

All this is assuming we only want long sparks which may or may not relate to
the voltage output, base current, etc, etc.

Richard Hull, TCBOR