[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Rotaries and Neons new question (fwd)

----------
From:  Mad Coiler [SMTP:tesla_coiler-at-hotmail-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, August 10, 1998 7:56 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: Rotaries and Neons new question (fwd)

Yes, I did forget that it was really presentations per second and not
fully ensured of firing. But, I have found (atleast with my coils) that
the closer the contacts of the gaps the better performance. So, in my
case the firing voltage would be a few thousand volts at the most. Would
this not ensure that no matter what the voltage level of the capacitor,
it would be discharged regardless?
  You could also choose a value of capcitance that would be able to be
charged in the shorter time. Howerver, I dont think that this would be
that beneficial, since you lose the extra energy of the larger
capacitor. But even though it may not be any better does it not go to
show that you could get higher break rates more safely with a NST?

Tristan Stewart

>This is obviously a contrived and worst-case example, but it
illustrates
>the fact that missed presentations will occur if they do not coincide
>with mains peaks.
>
>>And if you cap wasnt close to being resonant at
>>50/60Hz than it wouldnt charge to 'dangerously high' voltage levels?
You