[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New Coil Test Plan (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 09:38:15 -0700
From: lod-at-pacbell-dot-net
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: New Coil Test Plan (fwd)

Chuck Curran wrote:

> Yup, in the drive way is the plan.  I live out in the country so to speak so
> the spacing to the next neighbor is enough so they are tolerant of the
> "crazy" neighbor.  Secondary is 70 mh.  The problem with more wire became a
> weight and cost situation for me.  I did consider higher inductance but the
> resulting lower frequency for resonance also played a role.  My choice was
> to learn about how these design features would perform.  I hope to post an
> update by 9/1/98 on the tuned results.

I get 25,500 ohms reactive for the sec.  That's in a good range,
I've seen good performance even when the Xsec was lower (19,800 ohm).

My old coil is 51mH, Fres = 62kHz.
Coilform is 375 turns, on a 43" x 120" form.
The toroid was 13" x 65", the new one will be 28" x 108"

You should have a lot of fun with this one.
BTW, what is the operating Vpri?
--

-GL
www.lod-dot-org