[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Output Voltage vs. Firing Rate (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 11:01:19 EDT
From: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Output Voltage vs. Firing Rate (fwd)

<<

 --

> -GL >>

Greg,

I think there may be other factors involved such as the voltage and
the relative radius of curvature of the toroid (ROC), etc.  My TC stays
coalesced at 60 BPS and loses coalescence somewhere between
30 and 60 BPS.  I would guess that if you used a different ROC
toroid, the coalescence would occur at a different break rate.  I think
if your main tank capacitor was of a different size, this too might
affect the coalescent break rate.  Larger ROC toroids, for a given
toroid voltage, or bang size, may enhance the coalescense process.
The smoothness or texture of the toroid surface may also affect the
coalescense...but this is pure speculation on my part.

I don't have independent control of break rate and power, so I
may be getting some faulty impressions from my system, but I was
wondering if you looked into these toroid considerations?

I seem to remember that you once installed a larger corregated
ducting type toroid onto your coil as a test, did this change the
coalescent break rate any?  I don't remember if the ROC was
greater, or just the overall diameter?

Regards,
John Freau