[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DC powered tesla coil (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 16:21:44 GMT
From: Jim Fosse <jim.fosse-at-bjt-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: DC powered tesla coil (fwd)

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998 22:18:05 -0600 (MDT), Tesla List
<tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>, you wrote:

> [...]

Max,
	On my present coil ( 6.25" diameter 24" long wound with A.W.G.
$27) I get a 13" discharge when running it with a flyback DC power
supply at about 5 discharges per second. When I run it with a 15kV
60mA neon, I get 50" (1.27m) discharges!

Thanks John F for the specs to your 65" discharge coil! I've only 15"
to go to meet your record.

	cheers,

	jim