[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fw: Input frequency (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 16:34:40 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Fw: Input frequency (fwd)

"I don't fully understand how electrons act, but if you speed them up
twice
as much, would you not get twice the output voltage ?

I have done calculations on telsa programs and that's what it suggests.
Well I did many "test" coils my results were somthing like this....

50Hz 230 V input   - 8KV 30ma out
100Hz 230V input  - 16Kv 30 ma out

Sounds odd but thats how the program calculates it.  It must be good ,
as
you could in theory charge the capacitor up in half the time.  So you
could
have a double the size and still retain the same operating frquency of
you
coil ( maybe ).  But you would have a lot more power input to your coil
( ? )"

	Something mighty strange there.  Suspect that, somehow, it's a case of
garbage in garbage out.  [No insults intended.]
If you had a circuit with a very small capacitor, way below "matched" or
series resonant at 50 Hz, you might see a voltage increase as you
increased the frequency toward resonance.

Ed