[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New cap design (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 02:39:28 -0500
From: Shaun <shaunobrien-at-geocities-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: New cap design

ello, everyone

 While I was thinking. I came up with a diffrent way to make a rolled cap. instead of cutting all
the layers into sheets like we normally do. Why not make the poly 2 times as wide and fold it around
the plate? Corey Edmunds helped turn this idea into what it is now. There is a pic of the end view
of how the layers would be stacked at http://www.geocities-dot-com/SouthBeach/Pier/2756/newcap.jpg They
is only 1 disadvantage we saw at the time. That is trapped air in one end. Maybe with a strong pump
this would be overcome. Some of the advantages we saw to this design. Less poly needed to make a
cap, and more insulation around the plates. This would work really well for the extended plate
rolled cap design as the plates could go straight out of the sides
.
Shaun O'Brien
Member of The Oklahoma Tesla Coil Builders
http://www.geocities-dot-com/SouthBeach/Pier/2756/index.htm