Date: Sun, 2 Aug 1998 12:45:27 -0400
From: DudeMan007 <Teslafreak-at-compuserve-dot-com>
To: "INTERNET:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Reqesting info on rolled capacitor

        Hi,....I'm seeking design information on a 40,000 volt .005 uf
rolled capacitor for my
tesla.   I did find a site on the web that gave instructions,...but,...in
referring to the polyethylene
sheets that he used,...he stated that the thickness was .006 mil
..........?  So far,...at local stores
all I've been able to find is 1 mil,...2 mil,...etc. I haven't been able to
find a conversion chart
so far that would allow me to convert to inches so that I       can simply
use a micrometer to guage
the plastics that are at my disposal in the shop I work in,...any help
would be greatly appreciated! ;)

                                        Teslafreak-at-compuserve-dot-com