[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cigar secondary coil form (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 03:11:11 +0500
From: "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Cigar secondary coil form (fwd)

On Tue, 28 Apr 1998 21:17:25 -0500 RODERICK MAXWELL
<tank-at-magnolia-dot-net> wrote;

> I have been looking far and wide for a polystyrene coil form larger
> than 4" in diameter but I never found one. So I decided to make one of
> my own!...

Making your own tube for a secondary form is a very viable option. I have
made large diameter plexiglass tubes like 2 feet in diameter by heating a
1/4 inch thick sheet and then bending it into tube shape and then joining
the seam with methylene chloride. It's sure a lot cheaper buying the sheet
than an already formed tube! It's a shame it can't practicaly be done with
very low loss material like polyethylene or teflon, but damn near nothing
will work as an adhesive for these!

                                       Sincerely

                                        \\\|///
                                      \\  ~ ~  //
                                       (  -at- -at-  )
                                   Alfred A. Skrocki
                               Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                           alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                      Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at;
                       http://www.geocities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/6251
                                     .ooo0   0ooo.
                                       \_)   (_/