[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spark Gaps (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 06:13:49 +0000
From: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Spark Gaps (fwd)

At 11:12 PM 4/22/98 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]

  Malcolm -

  It appears your tests were quenching pulsed or square waves and you
assumed this was the same as quenching dampened waves. I would expect the
quenching of the dampened waves would be different because of the
differences between sine waves and pulsed or square waves.

  However, does it matter when the quench occurs if there is a spark from
the toroid? There would then be no energy left in the secondary to transfer
back to the primary. Quenching could occur at any time before the next bang.
There is a relatively long time between bangs. Your excellent waveform
photos show this very well.

  John Couture