[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: feed thru insulators (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 07:52:28 -0400
From: Thomas McGahee <tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Cc: kevinw-at-stny.lrun-dot-com
Subject: Re: feed thru insulators (fwd)

Kevin,
If you are making your box out of plexiglass, you can do without the
usual ceramic HV bushings. The plexiglass is an excellent HV
insulator. The bushings were originally needed to feed the HV
through the metal case. In a plastic case they are un-necessary.
But they *do* look nice! Just feed a 1/4" or larger diameter
bolt through the case and use that as your connection.

Always analyze your construction details first in terms of
actual *function*. Once you have taken that into account you
can expand on the idea and make the form itself look spiffy.
But *function* is the all-important factor that comes first
and must never be compromised.

Hope this helps.
Fr. Tom Mcgahee