[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Capacitor check (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 14:48:27 MYT
From: Sulaiman Abdullah <sulabd-at-hotmail-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Capacitor check

Hello all,
I'm about to assemble my flat-plate capacitor, almost all materials
ready and waiting for your feedback!
My main question is regarding tracking-length;
I designed the capacitor (PE and Aluminium) to have 1" space to
the 'edges' and 2" to the 'ends'.
I certainly expect 30 kV peak, and I'd value all your opinions
as to whether this is enough allowance, and would you care to
'guestimate' what clearance would produce a RELIABLE capacitor
for 50 kV peak. Assume I'll clean all parts fairly well and
vacuum out most air-bubbles.
I asked this question a while ago in a different way, I'm asking
again because I REALLY don't want to waste a significant ammount
of my hard-earned cash!  Thanks...... Sulaiman