[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 15kV Neons and a pole oinker. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 15:41:53 -0600
From: "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: 15kV Neons and a pole oinker.

to: J. Day

Try doing two xmfrs at a time.  If they are not in phase no output results
due to cancellation.  Reverse the primary leads on just one of the xmfrs
and it will now be in phase and work properly.  A typical pole xmfr used
with a current limiting reactor in a Tesla oscillator usually runs at
around 600 ma which would equal 10 NST's in parallel.  Actually the pole
unit will furnish much more peak power than the NST's and usually works
better to recharge the cap faster.  Don't get a pole xmfr unless you have a
very good knowledge of EE principles as it will probably kill you (your
questions indicate that perhaps you are not ready for the pole pig just
yet).  Good luck and unplug everything before making any circuit
adjustments.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net