[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

indoor coiling

----------
From:  Alfred A. Skrocki [SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, April 20, 1998 6:39 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: indoor coiling

On Saturday, April 18, 1998 2:21 PM ESchulz531
[SMTP:ESchulz531-at-aol-dot-com] wrote;

>  Every time I fire up my tesla coil downstairs, later when I come up stairs
> the microwave clock is reset, also my Ti-85 calculator looses its memory.  I
> wouldn't get my PC within 100 feet of a tesla coil.

Either you coil is radiating too much into the air or even more likely your
getting R.F. flowing back to the line. You can stop any radiation problems
by putting the coil in a Faraday shield, note this need not be solid metal
it can easily be conductive screening so long as the openings in the shield
are less than 1/4 the wavelength of your operating frequency. BTW make sure
you ground the shield. As for any R.F. finding it's way bacjk to the line,
, make sure you have good R.F. chokes on both sides of you power
transformer's secondary AND a pair of R.F. disapation capacitors from your
power transformers secondary outputs to ground.

                                       Sincerely

                                        \\\|///
                                      \\  ~ ~  //
                                       (  -at- -at-  )
                                   Alfred A. Skrocki
                               Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                           alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                      Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at;
                       http://www.geocities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/6251
                                     .ooo0   0ooo.
                                       \_)   (_/