[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Colorado Springs equipment

----------
From:  richard hull [SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent:  Saturday, April 18, 1998 12:54 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Colorado Springs equipment

At 10:52 PM 4/16/98 -0500, you wrote:

>----------

No batteries.........  you probably saw his salt water capacitor tanks. RH

>   Was Tesla using the Mercury Controllers at the lab as well
>
>as the mains power ?? ---

No.  He never used a mercury controller in Colorado.  RH

>    I understand  that  the mains frequency  was 400 Hz ???

The mains frequency was 125hz (approx)  This was an early standard frequency
for small town distribution systems.  It saved iron in the transformers. RH

>     400 Hz mains could make life a bit easier in some respects -- no?
>
>     Has there been much interest in the inductive " kick "  source  of
>
>primary power by anyone ?? ----
>
>     Tesla supposedly achieved * 4400 * B.P.S. using his mechanical
>
>interupters ----
>
>     This seems to me to be a reasonable -- albiet - a bit more involved :->
>
>way to produce primary power that is " more in tune " with the total system,
>
>as the most optimum timing  of  frequency / dwell  -- can be better controlled
>.
>
>     Just some thoughts --- any feed-back  ???
>
>Thank you
>
>                               Sandy

Sandy,

 The high speed break rate which Tesla used would not make a good demo coil.
The capacitor would have to be very small inorder to charge fully at that rate.

Richard Hull, TCBOR