[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

caps with porous plates ?

----------
From:  Harri Suomalainen [SMTP:haba-at-cc.hut.fi]
Sent:  Saturday, April 18, 1998 5:04 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: caps with porous plates ?

>Great explaination of what causes one material to have a dielectric
constant
>of 2.3 (like PE ) and another to have a value of 6,000 (like barium
titanate).
>I have heard that some "super capacitors" have porous metallic plates to
>increase the surface area and thus the capacitance............any ideas
on

Porous materials with different dielectric constants in different
particles
would not be good for HV stuff. They'd experience a highly magnified
electrical field on the parts of lower dielectric constants. That's the
reason
behind eg. air-bubles being a destructor for usual hv caps.

--
Harri Suomalainen     mailto:haba-at-cc.hut.fi

We have phone numbers, why'd we need IP-numbers? - a person in a bus