[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

tubes-- ID ?

----------
From:  Phillip D. Rembold [SMTP:prembold-at-gte-dot-net]
Sent:  Tuesday, April 14, 1998 11:36 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: tubes-- ID ?

Sandy,
Condensed Mercury -at- ambient Temp.  -  Good point, .. having never seen
one of these tubes I have to admit - " I Don't Know " how to explain that,
so the least I could do for a fellow HAM is check some other data sources,
and quote them this time.  :-)

    Electron Tube Locator
    by: George H. Fathauer
    Preliminary edition: June 1994
    Published by: Antique Electronic Supply - Tempe, AZ.
note - this book lists over 11,000 tubes.

    Tube Data
    Sonoran Publishing, LLC
    email: ake-at-scantitling.se
this is a comprehensive 'data base' for IBM PC's listing 30,000 plus tubes.

    Amperex Catalog No. CC766
considering where the tube was made . . . . .

These three sources all say that The 6508 is a Half wave Mercury Rectifier,
so, in my opinion . . . . but you know what they say about opinions.  ;-)

 Phillip Rembold
 TCBFW
 prembold-at-gte-dot-net