[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

secondary suicide?

----------
From:  Hollmike [SMTP:Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Saturday, April 11, 1998 11:26 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: secondary suicide?

Jeff,
   It sounds to me like you have one of two possible problems.  The first
might be overcoupling, which can cause the coil to operate at two frequencies
on either side of the resonant frequency.  You would get constructive and
destructive interference patterns moving up and down the coil.  The second
possibilty is that you are just a little out of tune which would cause a
similar effect.  If my coil is off tune, it will get arcs from one spot of the
coil to another.  Once in tune, this stops.
   Hope this helps any,
Mike Hollingsworth