[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Secondary coil?

----------
From:  mel wise [SMTP:mwise-at-ns.sosis-dot-com]
Sent:  Saturday, April 11, 1998 11:37 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Secondary coil?

I have been reading a lot of posts on secondary inductance and primary
inductance. I have came to the conclusion that most agree that you should
try to get the highest inductance and still keep the total turns below a
1000. One thing isn't clear though, should overall capacitance of the
secondary be kept to a minimum. For example you can wind a     4.25"x26.08"
w/22awg allowing 14.50mH and 9.85pf at 405khz or you can wind a 4.25"x17"
w/24awg allowing 14.50mH and 7.54pf at 493khz. Assuming this gives us
2.31pf difference and a 88khz difference. Which one should out perform
other? Or will they perform the same? I personally have not tried this out
to see which or if either would out perform the other.
So if anyone knows the outcome of this one, I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,
Chris