[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RSG opinions?

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Tuesday, April 07, 1998 6:28 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: RSG opinions?

to:  Richard

The 6 inch rotor size will work fine with 1/8th to 3/16th inch tungsten
(2%) at 3-4 kva, however, you would require a larger diameter such as 1/2
inch dia. for the 10 kva unit.  The 10 kva unit should use 1/2 dia. brass
or tungsten thru the plate and contain approx 8-10 electrodes for the speed
you are running.  Calculate and set to 350-380 pps for best results with
most classical coils.  Don't use stainless or steel on RSG's -- the peak
current is too high and this material will dampen it considerably with the
short pulse cycle in microseconds.  Have a competent machinist make the
rotor for you so it spins true without wobble.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net