[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

McMaster Carr Mica Sheets

----------
From:  Bert Hickman [SMTP:bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, April 02, 1998 7:08 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: McMaster Carr Mica Sheets

Tesla List wrote:

> ----------

Mike,

Based on the physical size of these plates, it sounds as though the
material is reconstituted mica - fragmented mica that's held together
with a resin binder. Although the mica itself may have relatively low
loss, the binder may introduce some dielectric heating. Pure mica plates
will look very shiny and very flat, and can be easily peeled apart to
form identical, thinner, sheets. Reconstituted mica has a very
polycrystalline appearance.

Good luck, and please keep us informed on how well these work!

-- Bert --