[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rotary Spark gap HOMEWORK

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 20:38:10 -0400
From: Thomas McGahee <tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Rotary Spark gap HOMEWORK

<SNIP
>sort of
> work.  Its very hard to "visualize" what to do from a short text
> paragraph telling me to file flats 1/8 the size of the armature
etc.
> 	Thanks so much for the reems of usefull info on the list,
> hopefully my understanding of TC's will grow to the point where I
may
> have info to contribute.  But for now I'm just trying to learn from
all
> of you.  Thanks for the help.
>
> Radtke

Kevin,
John Freau is the local guru on synchronous spark gaps. He has posted
numerous times on the construction and merits of these gaps. Chip has
a *searchable* archive facility at his web site. See the info below
about it. You will find a wealth of info there!!! After you have
looked at some of the postings on rotary spark gaps there, then come
back and ask the list any SPECIFIC questions you still have. I think
you will find the list members more than eager to help. But do a
little "homework" first so you know better what specific questions to
ask. If a question is too broad you might not get an answer, because
most of us don't have a whole LOT of time to answer questions. By the
way, John Freau has produced a video tape where he discusses the
synchronous gap in detail. He may still have some for sale.

Here is info about the searchable archives. Just search for
"synchronous" and go from there. Or narrow the search results by
looking for "synchronous motor" or "synchronous spark gap" etc..

Hope this helps,
Fr. Tom McGahee