[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Plans for RSG

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 11:00:38 -0500
From: "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Plans for RSG

To: Rob

The rotor disc is precision drilled and then precision reamed to a small
tolerance -- then the tungsten electrodes and pressed in place (using a
commercial hydraulic press).  The hole location also has to be very exact
to keep the spinning rotor properly balanced.  Don't try to do this
yourself -- take it to a good machine shop along with your tungsten rod --
they can measure both and get a correct fit.  They also use a rotary
turntable to precision locate the holes for drilling -- accuracy is on the
order of 1/000th inch or better -- definitely not a job for the
do-it-yourselfer.  It's important these procedures are done correctly so
the rotor doesn't blow up and hurt someone.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net