[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Old Inventions

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 05:10:06 -0500
From: Rick Holland <rickh-at-ghg-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Old Inventions

Tesla List wrote:
<GIANT SNIP>

> Hmmmm, sounds like an induction coil without the vibrator. Since
> these are open core transformers they are not going to be very
> efficient, especially at 60Hz. might work nice though if feed with a
> square wave at say 20 KHz.

 Yes it does sound like an induction coil, but it's not open cored. The
originator specifically said that the core was a bundle of soft iron
rods. This is common practice for induction coils in a "kicker" setup.
The fact that it has two windings definitely makes it a transformer in
the traditional sense (although the magnetic eddies must be horrendous)
and the label is probably telling the truth. I wish I was close enough
to take advantage of this market.

--

    Rick Holland

    The Answer is 42