[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Sale: New Neon Transformers

  Date:
        Fri, 26 Sep 1997 09:45:56 -0400 (EDT)
  From:
        FutureT-at-aol-dot-com
    To:
        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

 All,

 I have made a bulk purchase of NOS (new old stock) neon sign
 transformers from a distributor at a good price.  I am making these
 transformers available to coil builders.

 If interested, please e-mail me privately at  < FutureT-at-aol-dot-com  >
 to avoid cluttering the Tesla list.  I'll need to know which state you
 live in to figure shipping costs.

 Transformers are  Jefferson Magnetek, unless otherwise indicated.
 Some are 120V primary, some are 277volt primary, see list.  The
 277Volt primary types can be used either on 120 volts or 240 volts
 with a suitable step-up type variac, or transformer.
 Shipping (from New Jersey) is additional.

 There are two basic styles available; insulator-type, and socket-type.
 The socket output type has a 3 wire input.

 The sockets are ceramic depressions in the trannies,
 that are about 1" in dia. and about 2" deep and have a spring, which
 is held by a screw,  at the bottom.  The springs can be removed, and
 HV leads with lugs can be installed in their place.  Alternatively,
 plastic posts with binding posts attached can be glued into the
 sockets to form a sort of HV insulator type terminal.

   QTY    kV     mA    PRI. VOLTS    DESCRIPTION      PRICE $(ea.)
     6        6       60         120         new,
sockets                  20
     1        5       30         120         new, insulators (GE)
15
     1        5      120        120         new,
insulators                35
     5        5       30         277         new, insulators
               15
     1        4       30         120         new, insulators (GE)
15
     1       3.5     300       120         new, insulators  (GE)
20
     1       1.2     300       120         new, insulators  (GE)
15
   QTY     kV     mA   PRI. VOLTS   DESCRIPTION          PRICE (ea.)

 John Freau