[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Oil filled Secondary Coil

From: 	richard hull[SMTP:rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net]
Sent: 	Wednesday, September 24, 1997 6:23 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Oil filled Secondary Coil

At 08:53 AM 9/24/97 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]

Over 5 such coils were made in our Richmond group in the early 90's.  They
are very nice but not worth the effort at all.  This was our finding.  Chuck
Cook of Missouri has built one and others as well.  All work OK but there is
the problem of the outer tube, and at some point the dielectric surface
conduction problem will occur unless very large separation between resonator
and oil tank walls take place.  It is my feeling that surface conduction on
the surface of the wires would occur anyway, ultimately, wire to wire in
really bad circumstances.

Air is still one of the best insulators if field control is exercised.

Richard Hull, TCBOR