[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Magnetic quenched gaps

From: 	DamDeName-at-aol-dot-com[SMTP:DamDeName-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, September 19, 1997 6:55 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: Magnetic quenched gaps

hi all ---

    just a thought ---

I recall that Tesla developed and patented ----  a method of winding

an induction-less coil to energize / switch -his electro-magnetic -gap
quenching

magnets ----- the effect being to drive the magnetic field of the magnets,

at a high frequency ---- without regard to the XL that would normally

be present -------------- i suppose this has it's limitations re: the
acceleration

voltages-----

                    Any one followed this up ???

------------ how about an H2 -- quenched gap ?? H2 being thermally--

"super conductive"  compared to all other gasses -----on absorbsion

of sufficient energy , becomes -- mono-atomic (H) --non-conductive

, quickly  quenching the gap --- then , as the energy of the system

is reduced via conduction (quite quickly -- especially if the gas is

at several atmospheres )  recombination to H2  occurs --- resulting

in a thermal "spike"  (exothermic) ---excess heat to be removed by

conduction ------ (quickly, as above ) ----- then the gap is ready to

be ionized again -----------------

    Just some thoughts as i peruse the list----- (brick-bats welcomed ) :>)

<< Subj:	Re: Magnetic quenched gaps