[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE- Microwave coiling.

From: 	Robert Michaels[SMTP:robert.michaels-at-online.sme-dot-org]
Sent: 	Thursday, September 18, 1997 4:23 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	RE- Microwave coiling.

Thanks, Lynn.

        The high voltage transformer makes a fine equivalent power
        transformer for vacuum tube Tesla coils (the kind the
        neighbors [ =and=  the whole neighborhood] likes).
                  Such kind don't usually give anyone
                  "brown underwear".

        The avalanche diode is useful for those who subscribe to
        the High Voltage list.  (And those who subscribe to the
        idea of dc Tesla coils).

        The modest high-voltage capacitor - is - well - a modest
        high-voltage capacitor.

        The embedded microcontroller may be useful if you're into
        embedded-microcontroller applications.

        The empty housing can be buried part-way in the ground and
        used for planting flowers -- if you've got a hill-billy
        red-necked sort of place.

                                - - - - - - - --

TL>Would it be useful as is for some lab heating purpose?

        Absolutely.

        Warming your lunch.

        If you've a microwave oven you don't much care about (your
        ex-girlfriend's perhaps), fill the interior with loose
        steel wool and turn the power on.  (More about this on
        alt.pyrotechnics).

        Likewise, place a couple (of dozen ?? !!) raw eggs inside
        and turn the power on.  (More about this on rec.pyrotechics).

        Place an insulator inside the oven (such as an inverted paper
        cup).  Lay a CD  (music, or ROM) you don't care about flat
        atop the insulator and turn on the power.  (More about this
        on alt.music.vanilla-ice.hate.hate.hate)

                                - - - - - - - -

TL>  Specs.- 1500 watt 2450 MHZ

        Yeh. Yeh.  2450-MHz.  They all are (in the US).  FCC
        Regulations.
                In some parts of the world they're actually
                allowed to have 10-GHz (= 10,000 MHz.)
                microwaves.  Such actually cook!  And
                from the outside inward. As thermal
                ovens do.  Here in the US we use
                10.2-GHz for catching speeding motorists.
                So our microwaved food is soggy (and cooked
                from the inside out).  More about this on
                rec.food.cooking .

                                - - - - - - - - -

TL>The last one I used for target practice. This time I shall be more
TL>practical.

        Target practice seems quite practical to me.  (Surely you
        got a bang out of it).

TL>     Get your "Tars and Stripes" from Anderson Asphalt!

        Ah, yes.  I see you're still =pitch=-ing your business on
        The List.  (More about this on  alt.business.misc).

                                        'Cuse me, I think my lunch
                                         in ready, in -- Detroit, USA

                                         Robert Michaels