[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RE- Re: STORE BOUGHT HAND-ME-DOWN

From: 	Robert Michaels[SMTP:robert.michaels-at-online.sme-dot-org]
Sent: 	Wednesday, September 17, 1997 4:32 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	RE- Re: STORE BOUGHT HAND-ME-DOWN

        So -- you feel entitled to gloat about it, eh?

TL>about 16 inches tall without instructions or any idea what to do with
TL>it.

        No problem, we're here to help!

        Just package it up, and send it (postpaid) to:
                                             Robert Michaels
                                             34518 Warren Rd.
                                             Westland MI 48185-2211

        You don't even have to bother to gift wrap it!

TL>I've plugged it in

        Ah Ha!  So -- you  =do=  know what to do with it after all.
        Your cover story is blown!

TL>and can see a little (1") spark come off it.

        Well, that  =is=  what they are supposed to do.

        If you had said that it made you a cup of coffee we'd have
        been worried.   And more so about you than the coil.

TL> Is this all these  things do?

        That's about it.  They make sparks.  Life does have its
        disappointments.   (Don't despair -- I felt the same
        way about vaginas after the first time I made love ...).

TL>Isn't there suppose to be something
TL>else near by for a  spark to jump to?

        Helps.  But the nice thing about Tesla currents, they go
        ahead and find their own thing to jump to if you don't provide
        them with one.

TL>Can you hold on to the ball thing at the top

        Me?  Never?  It's considered risky business -- unless one
        is using a vacuum-tube Tesla coil, or one entirely isolated
        from the power lines (e.g.  battery-operated).

TL>& get  your hair to stand on end?

        Oh it might just do that, but not as you likely suppose:
        You're probably thinking of a Van DeGraaff generator (or
        like source of static electricity).  That's DC, son.
        This here's an AC List.  Thar' ain' 'nuf room in this
        har town for us'n ... an' ... an' ... DC LOVERS!

TL>I have a feeling there's so potential  danger involved here,

        Ha. Ha. Ha. (tee-he, he).  Potential.  We get it.  Ho,
        ho, ho.

        Well, don't get so =charged-up= over your new/old toy that
        you go and do something =shocking= with it.  Best to get a
        good =grounding= first.   =Bridge= the knowledge =gap=.
        Then you'll have greater =capacity= for understanding.
        And won't =die 'electric=.  (There.  I feel better now
        that I've =discharged= some of my IR -- I do kinda get
        =juiced= on these occasions).  At least that's my
        =current= thinking on the subject.  =Watt= do you say?
        Is this getting a little re-=volt=-ing or =watt=?

TL>so I'm leary of messing with the thing until I can learn more about
TL>it. I have a feeling though, that there must be  more to it than a
TL>little spark.

        As said, like vaginas -- there's more to it than just, um..
        er ... ah ... "plugging-in".   But you have to learn to
        appreciate them at their own level first (Tesla coils,
        that is).

        It's said that Eskimos have 22 different words for "snow"
        (no telling how many for "vagina").  There are probably
        at least that many kinds of sparks.  Congratulations.
        You now have only 21 more kinds to discover.

TL> Please advise,

        Lord knows, I tried.

TL> Jeff from Modesto

TL> Boogie Nation