[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tuve's work

From: 	DR.RESONANCE[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Monday, September 15, 1997 7:21 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Tuve's work

To: Alfred & Tesla List

The original article was published in Physical Review, vol 35, Jan. 1,
1930.  Entitled "A Laboratory Method of Producing High Potentials" by G.
Breit, M.A. Tuve, and O. Dahl.  Greg Breit was at the Univ. of Wisconsin at
one time and did his collaboration on this article with the Dept. of
Terrestrial Magnetism (now the Bureau of Standards) in Washington, DC.
This original article mentioned 5 MEV in intermittent excitation but was
later amended to 2.2 MEV as the highest potential achieved.  Most physics
libraries still retain this information in their "cutter" library section
-- many of them have it on microfilm.  Your local library could provide it
through their interlibrary loan process but there is a charge for the
student librarian's work to dig it out and reproduce it.

Good luck.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

Mr.