[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 1/4 Wave, etc.

From: 	Mark S Graalman[SMTP:wb8jkr-at-juno-dot-com]
Sent: 	Saturday, September 13, 1997 5:39 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re: 1/4 Wave, etc.

       Hi Dan,

   I'm the one that's basically takes that point of view, the .707 f
point is
simply the point where the terminal capacitance is equal to the
distributed capacitance of the coil itself. However the size of the
terminal is
also dictated by the power level, if the terminal is too big for the
power level
used proper spark breakout may not occur, too small and improper field
control will be a problem. In my coil an even larger terminal is used and
actual 1/4 wave (wire length) resonance takes place and it works very
well indeed also, the larger terminals will allow you to couple tighter
which
in turn put higher demands on the spark gap........and on it goes.......

			Mark Graalman