[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: To Kevin

From: 	DR.RESONANCE[SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent: 	Friday, September 12, 1997 5:09 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: To Kevin

to: Aperiodic

Common TC application is the computer & TV set.  The CRT's use a small high
frequency transformer called a "flyback" that generates the high voltage to
accelerate electrons down the tube to strike the screen.  Flybacks usually
run around 30 KHZ and are, in effect, small Tesla coils.  Tesla's main
contribution with the TC was the concept of tuned circuits, ie, the tuned
LC tank circuit in the primary and sec systems.  This formed the basic
building block of all radio transmitters and receivers from his time
forward.  He actually received the patent for radio in 1946, 3 years after
his death.  Hope this helps to enlighten the "bright people".

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

HREF="http://www.eskimo-dot-com/~billb/weird.html