[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New testing, more

From: 	Thomas McGahee[SMTP:tom_mcgahee-at-sigmais-dot-com]
Sent: 	Friday, September 12, 1997 6:42 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: New testing, more

interconnect all the
> ground rods and to the base of the secondary - only maybe 4.0 feet
from the
> base of the secondary to the ground system.

BIG SNIP

> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> Now I am answering my own post.  This exact set up has now killed
two C.P.
> caps.  I can't afford to keep doing this.  Maybe you can have the
resistance
> of the primary circuit too low and the cap can't take it.  By the
way, the
> primary is 14 turns of 3/8" copper tubing for a total of 84
microheneries.

> Thanks,  Ed Sonderman

Ed,
I hesitate to ask this question, but do you by any chance have the
capacitor directly across the transformer? If so, this may be the
problem. If for any reason the regular gaps are too wide or messed
up, then the voltage rise due to resonant rise on the cap may become
excessive. But then the cap safety gap would be firing all the time.
This is truly weird!

Wish I could help you more...
Fr. Tom McGahee