[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

EMI Shield Beads

From: 	gweaver[SMTP:gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent: 	Wednesday, September 10, 1997 1:55 PM
To: 	Tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	EMI Shield Beads

While looking threw an industrial electronic catalog at work today I noticed
something called EMI shield beads.  It had a picture and a small amount of sales
information about this things.  The informtion said.

EMI shield beads.  These 6 hole ferrite beads wound with various configurations
offer very high impedance in a small package.  Maximum suppression is obtained
between 25 and 250 MHz.  1.5" x 30 mm.  100 pack $17.12, 25 or more packs $14.27
per package.

It does not say what value can be obtained.  I was thinking these might make
good chokes for a TC wound with #14 THHN house wire.  Is anyone familiar with
these things?

Gary Weaver