[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: mathematics

From: 	Geoffrey Schecht[SMTP:geoffs-at-onr-dot-com]
Sent: 	Saturday, September 06, 1997 10:04 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: mathematics

I have a book from the 1950's ("High Voltage Laboratory Technique" by
Craggs & Meek) that has a pretty theoretical treatment on Tesla coils. If
you can wade through a set of coupled, second-order integro-differential
equations; I can scan it in and post it in PDF format. The authors were
kind enough to reduce these equations to a useable form so if you have a
decent programmable calculator, Mathematica, or any programming language at
your disposal; you're set.

The entire book is pretty interesting, actually, and I found several other
books on the subject of HV engineering at my company's library (Van De
Graf's, Marx generators, high powered impulse systems and the like). I
don't want to break any copyright laws but most of that stuff is probably
too old to worry about (I hope so, anyway). I can scan and PDF whatever
people would like (time permitting of course!).

I've also got a copy of Curtis' book on High Frequency Apparatus from the
1920's. It's a lot less theoretical than the other books but it's got some
really cool construction projects. I'd like to archive the whole thing in
PDF format but it needs a lot of facelifting to get it into an OCR-able
format. Photoshop's good for that. Someday, it would be nice to put the
whole thing on CD-ROM.

Scanners....the plagarist's number-one business tool!

Geoff Schecht