[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Frequency vs. Sparks

From: 	Richard Smit[SMTP:esmit-at-ilink.nis.za]
Sent: 	Friday, September 05, 1997 7:02 AM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Frequency vs. Sparks

Hi,

Well, you probably have read some of my info on my small magnifier i build
with my 450 Watt transformer. One thing I noticed was that my extra small
magnifiers didn't produce much spark from the secondary, but as a build
larger systems from .4 inch diameter to 6.4 inch diameter driver coils I
found that the spark increases from my secondary.

To me it seems like the bigger your coil the better sparks you will get.

My theory!!! I think if you build a large diameter Magnifier driver the
better it will perform than a 10 inch diameter.

Is it the Frequency or the Internal capacitance that gets lower or higher or
can the sparklength be affected by low or high inductance?

Am I talking nonsense or not? This was only my observation with my
experimenting.

Thanks.
|Richard Smit  | Telephone: +27-525-32634                  		 |
|P.O.Box 566   | Email:     esmit-at-ilink.nis.za                           |
|Bultfontein   | Age:       17 years old                                 |
|9670          | Hobbies:   Tesla Coils; Computors; Paranormal; UFO's    |
|South Africa  | Birthday:  5 October 1979                               |