[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dimensions, Units, inches, cm.

From: 	Phil Chalk[SMTP:philoc-at-ozemail-dot-com.au]
Sent: 	Friday, September 05, 1997 2:07 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Dimensions, Units, inches, cm.

Hi guys,

I've finally caved in !  A devoted Metricist, I've just realised it's
much easier for all for we Aussies, etc to express all linear
measurements in imperial units - feet, inches & so on.  Even though
spark lengths for those in my league sound much more impressive when
quoted in centimetres.
I've just been corresponding with some other Aussie coilers, off the
list, & it seems we all lapse into feet & inches when talking about
these things.
I'll stick to litres though for oil in caps etc, because even our
gallons are different from you damn Yankee's.  (Sorry, I presume that's
only potentially offensive to about 1/2 of you ???)
Forgive my bravado, but this is what happens you spend 10 minutes on the
keyboard after 6 hours in the pub.

Peace, Love & Tesla Coils,

Phil C.