[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Core forms

From: 	Edward V. Phillips[SMTP:ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu]
Sent: 	Wednesday, September 03, 1997 12:31 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Re:  Core forms

""Is anyone familiar with this PVC looking pipe that is used in large
construction. etc."
        About a year ago I wound a loading coil for a VLF (LOWFER)
transmitter on such a form.  Inductance was about 6mH, Q at
200 kHz was around 800!  Should be fine in my opinion.  In this
particular case the stuff wasn't very round, which made winding
it pretty hard.  Don't know whether it wasn't round originally,
or whether it suffered from handling and exposure to the weather,
boards, bricks, etc. for about 1 year before I got it.
Ed