[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Quenchtimes, Tuning etc.

From: 	Malcolm Watts[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz]
Sent: 	Wednesday, October 29, 1997 3:17 PM
To: 	tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: 	Quenchtimes, Tuning etc.

All, please indulge,
                       This post might have made it to the list
previously but I got no replies so am resending.

Thankyou,
Malcolm

Hello All,
            I have a few of questions:

(1) Has anybody ever got decent sparks out of a TC whose primary was
not tuned to the secondary?
(2) If so, what kind of break did you use?
(3) Has anybody to their knowledge been able to quench the primary gap
with a dwell time that is not dependent on the amount of energy in
the pri-sec system?
(4) Has anybody ever been able to quench a gap *without incurring
serious primary losses* if the secondary was prevented from breaking
out (e.g. by a huge topload).  Additional gap dissipation makes
itself known through extra noise, spark stretch, light and is easily
seen on the scope as a more rapid degradation in amplitude and fewer
pri-sec transfers.

    This is important. I would appreciate any answers. I am currently
examining the Corum's theory very closely to see whether there is
anything we are missing out on.

Thanks,
Malcolm