[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Grades of Mineral Oil??

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Tuesday, October 28, 1997 5:26 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Grades of Mineral Oil??

On Monday, October 27, 1997 11:27 AM Jim Lux
[SMTP:jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net] wrote;

> You know, you can buy real capacitor oil for about $3 a gallon new from
> most oil jobbers. Then you don't have to worry about contamination, water,
> etc, because you'll get it in a brand new 5 gal sealed bucket or can.

What are you refering to when you say "jobbers", I've tried ordering from
an Exon dealer and was told mineral oil would cost $15.00 per gallon in
the 5 gallon container for transformer grade.

> I note also that Maxwell labs uses Castor Oil in their caps (or they used
> to, anyway)

And what the heck is the electrical specs on castor oil ie. dialectric
constant, dialectric strength and most important it's power factor?

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   Alfred.Skrocki-at-CyberNetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/