[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 100 meter sparks

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 23:25:07 -0500
From: "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: 100 meter sparks

To: Tesla List

7.5 MEV will not arc 100 meters -- not even in a heavy fog.  The GE Marx
generator at the 1939 Worlds fair consisted to two oppositely charged 5 MEV
(one plus -- one minus).  As I recall it hit around 55-60 feet at 10 MEV.
Harry Goldman would probably have some tech literature on its performance
from one of his old articles.  A DC potential usually arcs around 5-6 feet
per 1,000,000 volts from 1/2 inch dia rod electrodes.  If this gen. did arc
100 meters it was a lot more than 7.5 MEV.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net