[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Rubber toroids

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 11:11:54 +1000
From: Phil Chalk <philoc-at-ozemail-dot-com.au>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Rubber toroids

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

Alfred,

As a 'schoolboy copperplater', we used to use Copper
Sulphate (CuSo4) - was cheap & readily available.  Is
Cu chloride preferable, or much of a muchness ?

P.S.  Read of technique in 1930's Hobby magazine for
copperplating wooden bits for modelmaking, e.g. model
ship building.  They just rub the wooden in graphite,
wrap a wire round it, & plate it as normal.  Haven't
tried it, but is just another variation on a theme
pretty well covered here already.

Cheers,

PhilC.