[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: neon data-reformated

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 12:00:16 +1200
From: Malcolm Watts <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: neon data-reformated

Hi Barry,
            Thanks for the detailed neon measurements which I will
study at leisure.
     The series resistors I used in my filtering setup I know is not
greatly significant beside the transformer winding resistance when
measured at low frequency. However, the job they were supposed to do
was to kill the Q of the chokes and filter caps at RF to stop them
ringing significantly on their own. The transformer itself looks like
something of a brickwall at the HV terminals at RF. I am planning to
take a day or two off work soon to make some powered measurements and
see if something can be devised to kill the kickbacks a bit better.

Malcolm