[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Transformer Ballasting

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 19:43:35 +0100
From: Gwyn Zucca <gwyn-at-tcbod.demon.co.uk>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Transformer Ballasting

Hello All,

I have tried searching the list archives for anything on the subject of
current limiting power transformers, but I did not find exactly what I
was looking for. The problem seems to be limiting the short out current
without reducing the output voltage of the transformer. Obviously any
resistance in circuit with the xfrm primary is going to develop a volt
drop across it, and so the primary voltage will be lower than the rated
output. The use of an inductive ballast, is going to have a similar
effect. I have been experimenting with various arrangements, but have
not yet achieved a satisfactory solution.

Any thoughts, experiences on this subject would be welcome.

See Ya...

Gwyn
--
Gwyn Zucca