[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Thyratron pair (was DC Drive)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 08:40:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Thyratron pair (was DC Drive)

At 09:58 PM 10/12/97 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]

I agree with the CW supposition and two coil bit.  The H2 Thyratron
IS..,repeat IS,..a spark gap and IS disruptive in nature.  This is due
solely to its on incredibly low resistance and absolute analog to a gas air
gap.  No vacuum tube will ever be pressed into this kind of service!!!! (H2
Thyratron is not a vacuum tube).

The biggest filament on the planet boiling off huge amounts of electrons
will never equal the conducting power of the weakest of the H2 thyratrons!
The strongest H2 thyratron will never equal the conducting power of a simple
air gap!

H2 thyratrons just allow maggey work to go forward with tens of nanosecond
on and off times under a modicum of control (something tough with a common
air gap.)

Richard Hull