[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Magnifiers revisited

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 06:09:00 -0500 (EST)
From: Benson_Barry%PAX5-at-mr.nawcad.navy.mil
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: Magnifiers revisited

Hi John, All,
     Could you try the same size magnifier driver form
with say #18 gauge magnet wire instead of the #28 and
observe the quenching and spark length?  What I am curious
about is whether the driver acts as an impedance matching
network between the extra coil and driver primary.  Could
there be an optimum surge impedance for the driver secondary
that would provide the best energy transfer and quenching
for a given primary and extra coil?
                         Barry