[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why a toroid?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 00:53:59 -0400 (EDT)
From: richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Why a toroid?

At 09:04 PM 10/7/97 -0600, you wrote:

> [...]

It sure would equal a toroid on the cheap, but for the early breakout (lower
voltage) and energy waste due to the sharp edges.  The ultimate shape would
be an oblate spheroid, but a good donut type toroid works almost as well.
The disk was actually used by us here in several early eperimental systems
and it made a fine ozone generator and looked like a gas heater jet on high.

Richard Hull, TCBOR