[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DC drive

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 10:49:07 +1200
From: Malcolm Watts <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: DC drive

Hi Sulaiman,

> From: Sulaiman Abdullah <sulabd-at-hotmail-dot-com>
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject: Re: DC drive
>
> Hi, I'm no expert but I'd suggest some kind of ballast between your d.c.
> supply and the 'resonance' capacitors, of course inductance is the best.
> If not you're gonna stress both the d.c. and resonant caps and your gaps
> when the 2uF sees a near short-circuit at the beginning of the charge.
> hope it makes sense. Bye ... Sulaiman.
<snip>

You can't put anything between any of the caps or you'd be sticking
extra unwanted impedances into the primary circuit.

The scheme should work OK. I see from Larry's post that the 2uF is in
fact a pulse cap. Is that a *single* capacitor Larry? If not, I could
suggest far better ways to use it.

Malcolm