[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Spun toroid

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 97 03:19:22 UT
From: Larry Robertson <LWRobertson-at-classic.msn-dot-com>
To: ntesla-at-ntesla.csd.sc.edu
Cc: Tesla Builders <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: RE: Spun toroid

So, could you e-mail me the place where you had this toroid made and how
much it cost? I'm in the same boat as you, financially, but I want to build
a "cabinet-maker's" coil, and a spun toroid would go along way toward
increasing the sale price :)

Thanks,

Dan Kline
ntesla-at-ntesla.csd.sc.edu

Dan:

I got the toroid from 	Ross Engineering
			540 Westchester Dr.
			Campbell CA 95008
			408-377-4621

I don't think they spin them there although they do have
some standard sizes on the shelf, Jim Ross said it takes
a few weeks to order a size they don't have on site.

They have some other interesting stuff - carbon spheres
for spark gaps and corona nuts and etc. There HAS to be
a less expensive source but I was unable to locate one
in a reasonable time, and wanted to get on with my project.

They have a web page : home.navisoft-dot-com/rossengineering/index.htm

I guess I'll cc this to the list in case some other demented
soul needs stuff badly enough to pay the price.

Does anyone else feel that a large part of building a coil
is like some bizarre treasure hunt? Tungsten and wire, and
	"Five gallons of mineral oil and 100 yards of plastic sheet ..
	 what will you do with that sir?"

	"Well I'd rather not say, you might think I'm weird."

Ain't it fun?

LR